Important Topics for CBSE Science Examinations
Science is an important subject in CBSE Class 10. Many students believe science to be challenging as it involves ideas based on rules and numerical problems. However, with dedication and hard work, students can understand vital concepts effortlessly.
In this article, we have summed up some of the most important topics for the CBSE science exam that will assist students in their exam preparation
Chapter 1 – Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Chemical Reactions
- Balanced Chemical Equations
- Displacement Reaction
- Decomposition Reaction
- Oxidation and Reduction
After finishing the chapter thoroughly, do solve the Chemical Reaction and Equation Class 10 MCQ to assess your knowledge and work on your shortcomings.
Chapter 2 – Acids, Bases and Salts
- The significance of pH in everyday life
- What Is the Difference Between Acid and Base?
- Base Characteristics
- Base Meaning
- Weak Base
- What is the Difference Between Baking Soda and Baking Powder
- Dipole Moment
Chapter 3 – Metals and Non-Metals
- Chemical Properties of Metals
- Reactivity Series
- Extraction of Metals
Chapter 4 – Carbon and Its Compounds
- Nomenclature of Compounds
- Chemical Properties of Carbon Compounds
- Soaps and Detergents
Chapter 5 – Periodic Classification of Elements
- Periodic Classification of Elements
- Trends in Modern Periodic Table
Chapter 6 – Life Processes
- Nutrition in Human Beings
- Transportation in Plants
Chapter 7 – Control and Coordination
- Tropism in Plants
- Reflex Action
- Structure and Function of the Human Brain
- Hormones in Animals
Chapter 8 – How do Organisms Reproduce?
- Reproductive System in Humans
- Tissue Culture
- Sexual and Asexual Reproduction
- Reproductive Health
Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution
- Monohybrid and Dihybrid Cross
- Sex Determination
- Dominant and Recessive Traits
Chapter 10 – Light – Reflection and Refraction
- Reflection and Refraction
- Refraction at Spherical Surfaces
- Refraction through a Prism
- Dispersion of Light
- Refractive Index Formula
Chapter 11 – Human Eye and Colorful World
- Human Eye
- Scattering of Light
- Atmospheric Refraction
- The Human Eye, and the Colorful World
Chapter 12 – Electricity
- Electric Current and Circuit
- Ohm’s Law
- Heating Effect of Electric Current
Chapter 13 – Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Electric Motor
- Fleming’s Left-Hand Rule
- Magnetic Fields and Field Lines
Chapter 14 – Sources of Energy
- Renewable Energy
- Non-Renewable Energy sources
- Non-Conventional Sources of Energy
Chapter 15 – Our Environment
Some important topics from the chapter are mentioned below:
- Components of Ecosystem
- Biodegradable and Non-Biodegradable Substances
- Ozone Layer Depletion
Chapter 16 – Management of Natural Resources
The following are some key topics from the chapter:
- Natural Resource Management
- What is Groundwater?
Tips for CBSE Class 10th Science Preparation
- Read the NCERT science textbooks thoroughly. Question papers are often based on these textbooks.
- Exam questions are often repeated, thus it’s a good idea to solve the CBSE class 10 science MCQs sample papers.
- After finishing the syllabus, continue to revise all courses on a regular basis so that you do not struggle to recall a topic the day before the exam.
Q1. Which chapter of the science syllabus is the most difficult?
Of all the science chapters in Class 10, Heredity and Evolution is the most challenging chapter. It’s also one of the most essential topics, therefore it’s worth making the extra effort to completely comprehend it.
Q2. How much time should be spent preparing for the science exam?
A minimum of 6 to 8 hours should be spent every day to ace the science exam with good marks
Q3. Is learning from the NCERT enough for Class 10 Science?
Yes, the NCERT textbook covers every topic in the Class 10 Science syllabus. The questions are based on NCERT and their applications. While studying, students should prioritize the NCERT textbook.